cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Web Service

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi people,

I am fairly new to labview and having not been on any training as of yet am somewhat a fish out of water once things get a little more complex.

All I am trying to do is send a value to a SOAP web service and then show the web services response in a textbox. It doesn't seem overly complex but I must be getting something wrong as its not working (good reasoning eh?).  Ive tried this using the "Import Web Service" under tools.  Imports fine etc but once it comes to adding a control and running the program I fairly rapidly get a 1172 error message which seems somewhat generic.

Am I asking a lot of labview here?

Cheers in advance for any help/advice

Rik

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

That glass?

Thats glass is neither half full or half empty....
Its twice the size it needs to be
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ricky chauvin

Well go figure...

I left after posting here and struggling along.  Then I stumbled onto this site:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1522782/net-objects-in-labview

I then used the import web service feature as before and voila! A working web service Smiley Very Happy

Now I just have to figure why the one my boss has written isn't working the same way... Smiley Sad

Im free to answer any questions (keep them simple for now please!!!) also any hints and tips are still appreciated ofcourse.

If I have any new developments I will update as necessary

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

That glass?

Thats glass is neither half full or half empty....
Its twice the size it needs to be
Message 2 of 7
(3,262 Views)

Hey there,

I would like to do it backwards. I'm trying creating a Web Service in LabVIEW and trying to acess it using Eclipse + GWT as the client end. I would need to have a WSDL file from my Web Server in LabVIEW in order to do that. LabVIEW apparently outputs only a lvws file. 

If you're asking why, the answer is that I'm trying to have a web acessible UI. The LabVIEW Remote Panel requires the Run-Time engine which is not interisting for me, and the LabVIEW Web Builder is practical but I don't see where it is going at the moment so I was trying to use a simple text-based language to build a webpage but I don't have any experience with that.

Any help on that would be nice.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,959 Views)

Hi Raniel,

I have been looking into your question regarding web services and it would appear that LabVIEW does not have the ability to create the WSDL.

The thread below discusses the issue of interacting with the REST files that LabVIEW can generate and the creation of a LabVIEW client to do this. You may find the information useful in creation of your own client in Eclipse. Unfortunately my expertise is not in text based programming so I cant offer much more help than this right now. If you have some specific questions regarding the thread I may be able to help more.

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,940 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,939 Views)

Thanks for the quick response Chris!

Very useful link!

-Raniel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,926 Views)

Hi,

I created a web service in my VI which should post tha values from 4 different variables and I wnat to control 2 others variables (to change the values from the web browser). By posting values to the web service I can see the last value in the web browser. But I would like to see a list of for example last 50 values. I saw a video where the web browser showed a list of values. In the web browser was one parametr which I donn´t appear in my browser called DinSize. Can this parametr change the number of values which the browser schows? And where can I change this DinSize? Or if I am mistaken, how can I change to show a list of values in my web browser?

Thank you for some answer

Marketa 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,819 Views)