LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Master/Slave Design

Hi, I'm currently homeschooling myself LabVIEW. I'm trying to figure out how to do a simple master/slave design. Set an address at the master and if the slave is the same hitting send will transfer the data to the slave. All the tutorials and examples are way above my head so any good links to the basics would be appreciated. Below is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(880 Views)

Hi Joe,

@joe778 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to do a simple master/slave design.

Below is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

How is a frontpanel with several elements related to a master/slave design?

@joe778 wrote:

All the tutorials and examples are way above my head so any good links to the basics would be appreciated.

Did you notice those Training resources offered at the top of the LabVIEW board?

Did you take the Core1 training course?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(823 Views)

Is this a software-only problem or are you describing some interaction with hardware?

If the first, it sounds like you need two parallel While loops and some sort of communication between them.

But a) I'm not sure what you want, and b) I suspect GerdW is right to suggest looking at some of the training options at the top of the forum to get a better initial understanding.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(804 Views)

LabVIEW ships with a Template for the Master/Slave (or, as it is called in LabVIEW 2021, the "Controller/Worker") Design Pattern.  Here's how to generate it (and study it as your leisure):

1. Open LabVIEW.
  2. Type ^N to generate a new (blank) VI.
  3. Go to the File entry on the Menu Bar, and choose the second option, "New ..."
  4. Look for the Folder "From Template", then "Frameworks", then "Design Patterns".
  5. Choose "Master/Slave Design Pattern" (or "Controller/Worker Design Pattern").
  6. Study the Block Diagram.  Note that you can also read the "Description" of this VI (and Design Pattern) by right-clicking its Icon, choosing VI Properties, and choosing the third "Category", "Description".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(798 Views)