From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Boolean Buttons (Behavior)

Message 1 of 39
(3,991 Views)

Attach your VI that has these buttons in it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 39
(3,964 Views)

Checked in 2013 and 2012 SP1. Exactly the same behaviour as ouadji showed: there's no Decal option in Next button.

Message 3 of 39
(3,942 Views)

If you look at all the Silver buttons it looks like the Previous Button is the only one WITH the Decal option.  None of the others have it.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
Message 4 of 39
(3,924 Views)

@RavensFan : Attach your VI that has these buttons in it.

it's not a problem about a "vi", but about the behavior of Labview.

@kbberschthe Previous Button is the only one WITH the Decal option.  None of the others have it.

Is this a bug or an expected behavior?

and if this is an expected behavior, what is the meaning of this behavior?

Message 5 of 39
(3,897 Views)

@ouadji wrote:

@kbberschthe Previous Button is the only one WITH the Decal option.  None of the others have it.

Is this a bug or an expected behavior?

unchecking RCM>>Visable items Decal.  has little effect if any.  Although, if you look at the parts window there are "Non-Colorable Decals" for each.

IMHO some of the "Parts" need better explainations and maybe some consistancy in naming.  (and the ability to script)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 39
(3,880 Views)

If it makes you feel better, here is a new Next Button with a Decal.  All it means is that the Previous button (which has a decal) was likely created by morphing a classic or modern boolean.  All I did here was recreate the Next button by modifying a classic boolean, at the end of the day the barely visible highlight is a decal described as a 'Boolean Glyph' and the arrow is a non-colorable decal.

Probably a simple oversight, the prototype silver buttons were probably built by hand like this one.

NewNextButton.png

Message 7 of 39
(3,867 Views)

I think the Decal selection shouldn't be there.  Probably an oversight when the collection of buttons was created.

Kelly Bersch
Kudos are always welcome
Message 8 of 39
(3,866 Views)

@ouadji wrote:

Actually it's about having a file (like the one you created to get your screen shot) so we can poke around in it and see what it going on, rather than trying to recreate it ourselves.

I don't know if it is a behavior of LabVIEW or your VI because I didn't have anything I can play with.

Since then, I was able to find the "previous" and "next" buttons buried deep in the palettes to be able to see what you are talking about.  But it is a lot easier if you present the file to us rather than having each of us individually dig around to try to recreate it!

Message 9 of 39
(3,842 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Actually it's about having a file (like the one you created to get your screen shot) so we can poke around in it and see what it going on, rather than trying to recreate it ourselves.

I don't know if it is a behavior of LabVIEW or your VI because I didn't have anything I can play with.

Since then, I was able to find the "previous" and "next" buttons buried deep in the palettes to be able to see what you are talking about.  But it is a lot easier if you present the file to us rather than having each of us individually dig around to try to recreate it!

RavensFan, you need to spend a little time looking through the control palettes so you know what's in them.  It took me no time at all to drop several buttons on a new front panel and figure out what he was talking about.  He's right, it isn't about a VI and there was no need to attach one.

Kelly Bersch
Kudos are always welcome
Message 10 of 39
(3,830 Views)