LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silicon Labs CP2112 HID to SMBus DLLs causing labview to crash

I am using Labview 2019 on windows 10 and using the latest version of the Silicon Labs CP2112 DLLs (11/14/2018). I am currently working on 3 functions:  HidSmbus_GetNumDevices, HidSmbus_GetString, and HidSmbus_Open. 

Of those 3, only the GetNumDevices is working. Whenever I attempt to run GetString or Open, the library functions don't return what I am looking for and half the time cause labview to crash. I've read on some other forums that the data types need to match and I believe I have checked that and made sure hat they match. I also have my parameters listed in the correct order with how they are listed in the documentation that comes along with the DLLs from Silicon Labs. 

This is my first time attempting to use the "call library function node" so I am not sure if I am doing something completely wrong with this or not. Would somebody be able to take a look at this and see if there is something obvious that I am not accounting for?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(766 Views)

Attached is the documentation on the functions. I forgot to attach this in the original zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(762 Views)

For HidSmbus_GetString(), char* deviceString show be defined as C String Pointer with minimum size of 260.

For HidSmbus_Open(), you have to find the definition of HID_SMBUS_DEVICE in the header file, not in the API spec.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(720 Views)