From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal detection in NI9411

I do have a NI9411 device connected in CDaq 9174. It is wired with an encoder. The signal detection was good at first and all pulses were picked up. Just until few days back there are no pulses being picked up. I tried monitor the pulses in NI Max. Nothing is detected. I tried again with a simple proximity sensor to see if any pulses are being picked up. Still no pulses in all counter inputs. Is it possible the device is damaged? The device is detected in NI Max, and the self test and self calibration are successful. Is there any other way I could test the device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,528 Views)

Hi,

Did you mind to share the NI9411 connection? And what is the device that you connected with NI9411 to get the encoder reading?

By the way, I found one of the previous forum discussion which may similar to your issue, you can have a look:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Unable-to-read-quadrature-encoder-with-NI-9411-in-NI-Max/td-p/35836...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,431 Views)

Yes. There are 5wires coming out from encoder. (attached file)

Black - OUT A - To DSUBPIN1

White - OUT B  - To DSUBPIN2

Orange - OUT Z  - To DSUBPIN3

Brown - 24Vdc Supply (connected to external 24VDC supply)

Blue - 0V (connected to external GND)

Shield is connected to body

I used external counter/pulse reader to get the signal from encoder and the encoder seems fine. The signal is not being picked up by NI 9411 module. The self test and self calibration of the NI9411 device is successful though. As I know, if the are no device connected to the module the counter value in NIMax test panel will continuously keep rising. But in this case it just stays as zero. with or without the device is connected. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,394 Views)