LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal delay timing vi. (two input signals)

Hello, I am trying to use this vi as a base for my project and am having trouble locating all of these parts. Can anyone upload a vi that has all of these components in it so I can assemble this vi? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,147 Views)

I strongly recommend that you do a Web Search for "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx", read the White Paper, then resolve to never use the Dreaded DAQ Assistant and its Evil Twin, the Dynamic Data Wire!.  Your VI will be more transparent (you'll understand it), it will more likely "do what you want" (it will always "do what you tell it", but that might not be "what you want"), and you won't be having to mess with those blasted Dynamic Data Wires.  That covers most of the picture you posted (where did you get the picture?  Is it a LabVIEW Example?  If so, you can right-click a function and ask for Help on that function to find out more).

There are two functions feeding into the Delay output -- I don't recognize them (but that only means I haven't used them -- you aren't expected to know all of the functions ...).  However, since their input comes from a Cluster that's going into a Waveform Graph, I'm guessing that the input wires are Waveforms, so a good place to look would be on the Waveform Palette on the Block Diagram.  Maybe you are trying to measure something?  [It wasn't so difficult to find this function -- you should spend the 60 seconds or less that it takes to find it, then read its Help to see what it does and how it works].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,126 Views)