From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Processing/Signal Generation palette - couple of questions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

Working with Signal Processing / Signal generation palette I have met some difficulties.

Here are some of them:

• some blocks works properly, whereas others not at all, e.g. on the snippet that follows there are 2 signal sources: Gaussian Modulated SIN pattern that works  ... and another, the simplest Sine wave, that doesn't work
  • default realization of the Tones and Noise block contains only 2 tones. Is it possible to add additional tones ? How ?

Thanks in advance

signal_processing_signal_generation_palette.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,377 Views)
What do you mean by "doesn't work".

Mike...,

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,360 Views)

@Pavel_47 wrote:

Hello

Working with Signal Processing / Signal generation palette I have met some difficulties.

Here are some of them:

• some blocks works properly, whereas others not at all, e.g. on the snippet that follows there are 2 signal sources: Gaussian Modulated SIN pattern that works  ... and another, the simplest Sine wave, that doesn't work
  • default realization of the Tones and Noise block contains only 2 tones. Is it possible to add additional tones ? How ?

Thanks in advance

What do you mean by 'doesn't work'? Are you getting an error? Have you probed the array of data coming out? I'm pretty sure that these functions all work, so what are you getting versus what you are expecting?

The Tones and Noise VI takes in an array of tones (array of clusters) - increase the size of the array to add additional tones - that is pretty basic stuff.

(I can't open/run your snippet as I don't have LV2015)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 6
(3,355 Views)

Tones and Noise - Ok !

I was confused by greyed aspect of new tones while dragging the right side of the array (so I thought that exists some sort of "activation")

But once I change the frequency, it becomes "normal".

Concerning "doesn't" work: here is 2 outputs: Gaussian Modulated SIN (top) and SINE wave (bottom)

sine_wave_doesn't work.JPG

What version of LV you have ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,348 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavel_47
Did you read the part in the documentation about the 'frequency' input and the units? The parameters you have used is generating just a small fraction of a complete sine wave. To generate a complete sign wave for 128 samples (the default), you need to use 1/128 as the frequency (or use 1000 samples at a frequency of 0.001).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,340 Views)

Indeed, it's the case.

Before I used another block, where the unit was [Hz]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,324 Views)