LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens CP 5611 and NI OPC Server

Hi,
I need to connect a PC with a Siemens S7-300. I would like to use siemens CP 5611 PCI Card to connect my PC running LabVIEW with S7-300 by MPI port.
I already done this kind of connection using Siemens OPC Server and LabVIEW datasocket and It works fine.
Is It possible to use NI OPC Server supplied with LabVIEW DSC with this siemens PCI card and MPI connection??

Best Regards
Alessio Colzi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,513 Views)

HI Alessio,

take a look here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6417 to see the supported Device & Driver Plug-in List for NI-OPC Server.

In this document you can find another possibility to talk with your hardware:

Communicating with a Siemens S7 PLC Using an Applicom Card

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CB7DACE9F3765FB286256C8500833E34?OpenDocument

I hope these links are helpful for your work.

Beppe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,402 Views)
Hi Beppe,
first of all thank you for your reply.
I alredy check the link you post but in the NI list there is only a generic
Siemens S7 MPI OPC Server Supported Devices
with no reference to the device hw. In the following days I will receive the hw coming from siemens and so I will be able to do some trials but I suppose that NI OPC Server will only work with serial /MPI adapter.

I used the applicon card in the past but siemens Cp 5611 card is cheaper then applicon card.

Best Regards
Alessio Colzi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,392 Views)

Hi Alessio Colzi.

This is SIVA fron India. 

We bought the siemens CP 5611 PCI Profibus card. I would like to Interface this card with labVIEW. while searching I got your forum msg from NI website.

In your message you said, already i done this type of connection using siemens opc server and LabVIEW data socket. 

can you please explain me about connection between labVIEW and CP 5611 PCI card.

Thanks

SIVA

Message 4 of 5
(4,509 Views)

Hi sir,

can you share the sample vi s to communicate with cp 5611 

hvijaycbe@gmail.com

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,261 Views)