cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing weird symbols and letter instead of my datas

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks a LOT arteitle and jwscs, both helped me

The program is working like a charm, now I only need to know how to broke the string and how to "translate" later

You both deserve my respect.

I'm sending a image of my data and my program.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,115 Views)

DO NOT enable the termination character!  Reread message #16.

With binary data, the termination character (default is line feed hex 0A) can be a legitimate part of the data stream and does not signal the end of the message like it would in a more human readable ASCII format.  If you get decimal 10 byte, your read will terminate early and you'll have an incomplete message.  The remainder of the incoming 59 bytes will get read at the beginning of the next message.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(1,077 Views)

Help me once again, guys

How I do this on LabView? (attachment)

I separated the strings and solved the other problems. Only this one is missing.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(1,056 Views)

@senoura9 wrote:

Help me once again, guys

I separated the strings and solved the other problems. Only this one is missing.

You need to post your actual raw data, not just a picture. The good news is that your picture shows the first 4 bytes as "UU 6" and that is what is expected: 0x55 0x55 0x00 0x36. Most of the remaining bytes are unreadable ASCII characters, so there is nothing for me to analyze.

Since I don't have any "Real" raw data, I'm going to make an educated guess. I made up my own data that I think looks like something you would get. I put -12.015 in the "Data of Main Display" field. This is one way how you can extract that number from the raw data (Main Data field starts at byte 35, array index 34). I'll leave it to you to extract the data from the last two bytes of that field: "Unit" & "Sub Code".

EDIT - Please take RavensFan's & arteitle's advice and disable the termination character. If you look at your manual, "Ohms" has a "Unit Code" of 0x0A. It is VERY likely you will see that character somewhere in your data.

convert_Snippet.png

Message 24 of 32
(1,033 Views)

RavensFan escreveu:

DO NOT enable the termination character!  Reread message #16.

With binary data, the termination character (default is line feed hex 0A) can be a legitimate part of the data stream and does not signal the end of the message like it would in a more human readable ASCII format.  If you get decimal 10 byte, your read will terminate early and you'll have an incomplete message.  The remainder of the incoming 59 bytes will get read at the beginning of the next message.

I tried a lot to disable this thing on serial port, but every time when I will run the program the termination character is enable......I HATE THIS THING

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(1,021 Views)

jamiva escreveu:

@senoura9 wrote:

Help me once again, guys

You need to post your actual raw data, not just a picture. The good news is that your picture shows the first 4 bytes as "UU 6" and that is what is expected: 0x55 0x55 0x00 0x36. Most of the remaining bytes are unreadable ASCII characters, so there is nothing for me to analyze.

Since I don't have any "Real" raw data, I'm going to make an educated guess. I made up my own data that I think looks like something you would get. I put -12.015 in the "Data of Main Display" field. This is one way how you can extract that number from the raw data (Main Data field starts at byte 35, array index 34). I'll leave it to you to extract the data from the last two bytes of that field: "Unit" & "Sub Code".

EDIT - Please take RavensFan's & arteitle's advice and disable the termination character. If you look at your manual, "Ohms" has a "Unit Code" of 0x0A. It is VERY likely you will see that character somewhere in your data.

convert_Snippet.png

Thanks a lot, you are saving my life....sorry for don't send my raw data.....I was too sleepy last night

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(1,017 Views)

"I tried to disable this thing on serial port".  Exactly what does that mean?  I'm going to guess you tried something in MAX.

You need to disable it in the code.  Whatever you do in code is going to override any settings that are defined in MAX.

Turn on context help and hover over the Serial Configure VI.  You'll see what all the terminal connections are.

But in this case, you don't even have to do that.  You have a True constant wired in and it even has a label that says "Enable Termination Char (T)".  The (T) in parentheses is there to tell you what the default value is in the event you have nothing wired to the connection on the subVI.

I wonder what would happen if you click on that boolean constant and change it to False?  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(1,016 Views)

RavensFan escreveu:

You need to disable it in the code.

Turn on context help and hover over the Serial Configure VI.  You'll see what all the terminal connections are.

But in this case, you don't even have to do that.  You have a True constant wired in and it even has a label that says "Enable Termination Char (T)".  The (T) in parentheses is there to tell you what the default value is in the event you have nothing wired to the connection on the subVI.

I wonder what would happen if you click on that boolean constant and change it to False?  Smiley Wink

I think it will disable, right? hahahaha Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(1,012 Views)

Yep!

Good luck.  Don't hate it.  Just be willing to read and learn.

Message 29 of 32
(1,008 Views)

Thanks a LOT for everyone who helped me.

My program is working till now, I'm sending what I did to take a look (I know  that maybe I could do something on other way or on a faster way, but it is what I did)

My multimeter battery die right now. If you have any suggestions or tips, just tell me 🙂 🙂

(I think the termination character is fixed)

RAW DATA

5555 0036 4554 3238 3030 2020 3934 3230 3032 3134 302E 3030 2E30 3607 0000 00F7 0600 0B00 0004 0701 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 DC0D 0000 0000 6F

Answer = 0.011 nF (capacitance data)

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(982 Views)