LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing weird symbols and letter instead of my datas

Solved!
Go to solution

Is this really the place for grammar lessons?

Back to your actual question....

Minipa has a nice website and they have a Model ET-2801 which if I were a betting man I'd say was the updated version of the ET-2800. Does it look similar to you? Also, I'd bet that the commands and  data format are identical. My Portuguese doesn't extend to finding their programming manual. Perhaps you can find it. 

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(1,233 Views)

@Ben_Manthey wrote:

Minipa has a nice website and they have a Model ET-2801 which if I were a betting man I'd say was the updated version of the ET-2800. Does it look similar to you? Also, I'd bet that the commands and  data format are identical. My Portuguese doesn't extend to finding their programming manual. Perhaps you can find it. 

Well... yes, actually.  Kind of.  Part of becoming a successful engineer is to know stuff like that.  It increases your engineering cred.  You don't really want to be talking about "datas" in front of your peers.  But point taken.  I steered the ship off course.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(1,215 Views)

Ben_Manthey escreveu:

Thanks.

I saw this model yesterday and it has some diferences and similarities'but the manual say nothing about programation 😞

I'm gonna send later some screenshoots on VISA panel test, I don't know if it will help

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(1,192 Views)

VISA Test Panel screenshots

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(1,172 Views)

I think  that I found the solution, but I need you help cause I don't know how I do that.

I send a e-mail to the manufacter and today they send me the protcol to this multimeter.

I don't know hot to configure to send that data and how to decod on LabView.

(this protocol is used on another software, only for win 95/98)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(1,130 Views)

According to the documentation, the communication is an exchange between the PC and the DMM where the PC sends a five-byte command (0x55 0x55 0x00 0x00 0xAA), and the DMM sends back a 59-byte response. Most of what you'll be sending and receiving is not text, so you'll want to disable the Termination Character option on the VISA Configure Serial Port. First you'll do a VISA Write with that five-byte command, followed by a VISA Read for exactly 59 bytes. After the successful read, you'll need to break apart the received string into all the different fields described in the manual: first the four byte prefix 0x55 0x55 0x00 0x36, then the 8-byte Model Name, then 8-byte Series Number, 7-byte S/W Version, 1-byte Switch Code, etc. Once that's broken into individual fields, you can decode those fields using all of the lookup tables in the rest of the manual. I'd try to start by getting the VISA Write and Read working first. If you run into questions with that, just ask.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(1,124 Views)

it might work like this (saved for labview 2013)

the acquisition part. not the parsing part

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 17 of 32
(1,108 Views)

That should work, but it's a lot more complex than it needs to be; almost everything inside the While loop could be replaced by just the VISA Read with a timeout of 450 ms and a byte count of 59. And there's no need for all of those nested Case structures, just wire the error out of each block to the error in of the next one, they'll know what to do if there's an error.

visa read.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(1,102 Views)

jupp .. but i like my personal space for error handling 😉

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(1,097 Views)

@jwscs wrote:

jupp .. but i like my personal space for error handling 😉

But hope for no one will inherit your LV code. Otherwise those persons will not say nice things about you, when they need to refactor/clean up your code 😄

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(1,084 Views)