From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short keys for Resize objects menu on front pannel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys, does anyone know how to set the short keys for resize objects menu on Front Panel?

This one is used quite often when I design the front panel for User action.

Chris_Dong_0-1657711292036.png

thanks & best regards!

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,231 Views)

You can find the short keys for LabVIEW from below link:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/lvhowto/keyboard_shortcuts.html

As far as I can see, I dont see a option to set width and height of control or indicator

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,222 Views)

The QuickDrop AlignElements by MNProjects adds this functionality.

https://www.vipm.io/package/mnprojects_lib_quickdrop_alignelements

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
- Lord Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,184 Views)

Hello Kelvin, 

Thanks for your reply, that's pretty help a lot.

And how about "Resize objects" menu which locate on the right side of align elements? 

When I design UI interface, I need to click "set width and height" icon with every control, that's really annoying.

Thanks & best regards!

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,170 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Chris_Dong

@Chris_Dong wrote:

And how about "Resize objects" menu which locate on the right side of align elements? 

Two options:

1. Modify the plugin and add to it code to control this. This is actually slightly complicated, as there is no standard way to set the width and height and each class has its own properties for this, but I believe this should be doable with a call to a specific function. See this old example. Note that you have to change the DLL call to point to "LabVIEW", so that you get the correct version of LV.
  2. The LV dialog is actually a VI, so you can just call it yourself, either from that plugin or from another QD shortcut. It's in <LabVIEW>\resource\dialog\Resize.llb

Thanks a lot, I just take the option 2 and made some modification with resize.dll.

Now it's works well.

Guys, thanks again for all your great support.

Best regards!

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,134 Views)

Another option you might like is having a floating VI which will give you access to commonly used tools, which you can activate based on which VI has the focus. See scripting.vit of the scripting springboard for an example of how something like this can work. You might want to enable VI scripting in the LabVIEW options dialog (VI Server page) to get access to more useful features.

(1,085 Views)