LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharedVariableO: Only available for Networked Published Variables?

Hey all,

I have a quick question regarding using the DSC SharedVariableO property node to update the scaling of a shared variable. Reading a little deeper, it looks like you can only update the proerties of a "network published" shared variable. 

I would like to be able update the property of a I/O variable (specifically a real-time scan I/O variable from my crio, updating the scaling). I have the "enable network publishing" setting clicked in the shared variable properties. However, upon attempting to use the sharedvariableO property node, i receive the error: "Objecft not found. Please check the if the specified name or URL exists for the object, which could be a computer, process, shared variable, citadel database, or NI domain".

Even though network publishing is enabled, am I receiving this error because the variable is an I\O variable, not a network-published variable?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,770 Views)

Hey there, just checking if anyone has an understanding of this. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,681 Views)

Hi Drew!

I've a similar problem! I want to change programmatically the scaling of I/O variables (current and voltage analog inputs basically) connected to my cRIO chassis. I've enabled the "enable network publishing" checkbox and the DSC module is installed. All the C modules needed are present in the project.

When I run the VI with the SharedVariableIO property node I receive this error: OS and Network Services: (Hex 0x8ABC7010) Initialization failed.

Does anyone know how to fix my problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(827 Views)