From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared reentrant VI uses static registration of application event

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm upgrading a project from LV2011 to LV2014 and have hit a snag. I've got a reentrant VI that is throwing an error for statically registered application events. Is this a bug when upgrading from 2011 to 2014? The execution options are different between the two versions. Is this possibly a bug when upgrading?

Reentrant error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,588 Views)

Don't know.  Attach the VI so we can inspect and "play" with it -- maybe we can "fix" it, but without "seeing the problem", it is difficult to "see the solution" (except to say "Something is Not Working", but you already know that ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,582 Views)

Looking at the events, there's another strange message. The warning at the bottom indicates there's something amiss inside of the VI.Reentrant error 2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,581 Views)

OK, better attach everything.  Take the folder containing all your VIs, and Compress it (which creates a .ZIP copy).  Attach the .ZIP.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,578 Views)

As mentioned in the other thread, the project is almost 750 MB. I'll see if I can peel out just the offending VI and post that.

@Bob_Schor wrote:

OK, better attach everything.  Take the folder containing all your VIs, and Compress it (which creates a .ZIP copy).  Attach the .ZIP.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,561 Views)

Here's the stuff for the class. There's probably going to be lots of broken wires.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,559 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cranky

Aah, the joys of developing shared code! Turns out that the VI heirarchy is dynamic dispatch, not static, and trying to call the Application Instance Close? event (which is apparently static) causes the error. Deleting the event case clears the error.

Message 7 of 7
(3,555 Views)