LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variables do not work across VPN

I wrote some software that uses the DSC package and in that application there is a heavy use of shared variables.  The application is similar to a client server architecture in that I have 1 app that does all the work while client(s) connect to it and get status. My application works great inside of my company, I can easily have my users run the client application without any issues although when when they go home and VPN into my company's network the application stops working.  It seems to me that the shared variable engine perhaps doesn't work across VPN?

I would appreciate any help on this, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,289 Views)

Hi there, try checking with your IT department if the VPN is blocking the communication ports the shared variable engine is using. Also, see the following knowledgeBase for a possible solution. I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(7,257 Views)

Yeah it was the IT department that made a mistake.  I knew there was something wrong when I could not ping the machine via the computer name or the IP address, this told me that there was something wrong that was much bigger than shared variables.  They simply gave me rights to the computer that I needed to connect to and it all worked!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,221 Views)