LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Library (DLL) is not showing Function from LabVIEW Project

Hello Team

I am working Auto Testing Software where i am creating Shared Library (DLL) file from my labview project & Calling that DLL to NI-Test Stand. 

I am able to generate DLL file perfectly but when i call the DLL file to NI-Test Stand,  I am not getting Error In / Error out function parameter. As this is a default value for my instrument if any error occurs & Even that DLL is not functioning well. I am getting communication error.

Take a note, while i importing the LabVIEW project in NI-Test stand everything is work well. 

Even i am not getting Error In/ Out option while creating DLL using Shared Library (DLL)

Anyone is having idea or another technique to create DLL file from LabVIEW project which can be used in Ni-Test Stand. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,596 Views)

While pictures are great sometimes, it is a pretty bad way of showing your problem when programming is involved. Why not create a (simplified) example and put it in a ZIP file and attach it to your post? And if you are at it it is always a good idea to save the LabVIEW examples to at least two versions before the current version so more people can open it and look at it. Not everybody is able to install the latest and greatest version on his work machine.

As far as your problem is concerned the VI Prototype configuration clearly shows that you do NOT use the error clusters. You configured the function return value to return to error code from the error out cluster and that's it. You can't return complex datatypes as function return values since that is a problem about C compiler implementations which can choose to do that in different ways, so LabVIEW disallows this option. If you want to pass the error in and error out through the C function interface you will have to add them as extra parameters to the function.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,542 Views)