LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a PXI-5412 Trigger

Hi,

I have a PXI-5412 FGen and a PXI-5105 Digitizer. I was wondering if anyone could explain how to internally and/or externally set up a trigger. The idea is that I'm sending a signal with a pulse repetition frequency (PRF of 500Hz for example) from my Fgen to one of the channels on my, but I would like the digitizer to acquire at that same PRF so that my signal is not all over the place.

Both these PXIs are installed on a PXI-1044 chassis which I'm assuming was correctly set up!

I know this should be relatively simple, but I don't know where to start. I've been seeing a lot of the NI-TClk VIs in the examples and discussions forums. Should I be looking to use those? And will I only be using one set of VIs for the Fgen or do I have to play around with the scope as well?

If need be, I can provide more details on the way I set up the Fgen and the scope.

Thanks,
Marc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,100 Views)

Hi Marc,

You're on the right track. TClk is one of the ways to synchronize your cards, and makes the most sense for your application.  You will need both a NI-SCOPE and NI-FGEN session with NI-TCLK tying the two together. Refer to this example:

NI-TCLK Synchronize AWG and High-Speed Digitizer

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Aaron

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,091 Views)