LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up RFID system

My main concern is VISA configuration. I am able to send a string, but it seems there is no return string in this case a respond. What I am sending can be referenced in Pg 14 from the attachmnet below.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,036 Views)

Hi jp978,

Do you know if your device is able to communicate properly with VISA? Have you tried and established this with a more simple case?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,018 Views)

I have looked at some of the examples, but dont quite know how to apply a simple test to this RFID reader. I don't think the manual provides a test case either.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,014 Views)

Hi jp978,

I understand how this can be frustrating and I commend you for your effort! My recommendation for a best first step in troubleshooting would be the need to ensure that a proper connection has been established and that your device is communicating properly with VISA via *IDN or some other method of communication being that the application is not functioning as expected. Once you know that the device is communicating as expected with your computer then I would recommend trying to apply a simple test to the RFID reader.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,002 Views)

Quick Update:

I managed to get correct readings from the tags. I verified the EPC with the UHFreaderDemo provided by the manufacturer.

I will also post my code for anyone that may want to take a look, as soon as possible. In my case I only wanted to run an inventory command and read tags within range.

Thank you guys for the suggestions and help.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(994 Views)