LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting build application window size in NXG 2.1

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm hoping someone can help here.   I submitted a service ticket with NI, but so far I have no solutions from the application engineers.

In older versions of LabView (I used 2014, prior to upgrading to NXG), when we built an application the size and position was set based on the view, last time the base VI was saved.

In NXG.... it seems to be trying to auto-fit all of the front panel controls (even though I'm purposely hiding some maintenance controls, outside of the viewable area), which sometimes makes the window larger than the viewable area on the Desktop where the application is being run.

Also....the window pops-up in random locations, requiring the operator to move the window, to see all of the front panel.     Any thoughts?   I've tried building some simple VIs.....just not seeing a repeatable pattern with NXG....it shouldn't be this difficult? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,974 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SparkyOne

Sorry for bugging you guys...   did some digging into the NXG UI, and found the "Panel" properties on the right sidebar.   It's called "Canvas" now...all good.

Would be nice for the NXG web help to be a little more "helpful"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,958 Views)