LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Default Label Position

Hi all

When I create a Boolean (or anything else), LV defaults to putting the label above the control and left justified. I like to change that so that the default location for a label is just to the right and top justified.

Anyone know how to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,580 Views)
Xenon,

You can change the position of the label with a property node.Select properties>>label>>position.
However there is no way to change the justification programmatically. I can tell you how to change the font, size, or style, but there is not way to set the justification from the diagram, only on the front panel.
You could probably submit that as a request for future versions of LabVIEW. Go to this link:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nicc.call_me?p_action=country&p_lang_id=US
and select product feedback.

Regards,
Cyril Bouton
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Cyril Bouton
Active LabVIEW Developper
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,580 Views)
There is no easy way to do what you want. You will have to manually edit all the controls.

To make the changes, drop the object on a VI >> right click on it >> slide to advanced then customize. This opens a new window where you can change the cosmetic features of the object. Move the label to where you want and save. You can save to the file in the vi.lib or to a name of your choice. The difference is that if you save to the vi.lib you will have to edit if you upgrade. If you save to a different name, you will need to put the object on the palette and it will not be updated in future releases on LabVIEW.

The following link discusses customization in detail:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/2d17d611efb58b22862567a9006ffe76/a9fbcaa7a3d79221862
56a3000652b56?OpenDocument

It was found by searching for " labview customize controls" on NI's advanced search page www.ni.com >> support >> advanced search (click on the words) to launch a new page.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,580 Views)