From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set edge count from PCI-6601 to 0

Hi I am using Labview 8.5 with a PCI-6601 DAQ card and a SCB-68 connector block.

My system acquires four falling digital time measurements on the block. The measurement occur in sequential order, so T1 and then T2..T4. After that again T1...T4. The summed time of the four measured signals is about 200ms. It can happen that one of these four measurements is missing. I would like to set such a missing measurement to 0 ms. How can I do that?

Wouter 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,280 Views)
Hi Wouter,

I would like to clarify a few things:

1. You are performing four period measurements on four Pulse train signals that are routed to four different counters, Correct?

2. What do you means by "It can happen that one of these four measurements is missing." Is the pulse train staying low and there is NO signal to be measured? What is returned to your computer? Are you getting a Time Out error, saying that there was no samples present to acquire?  If you could expand on what is going on with this it would be very useful .

In either case I believe that this will be a case of post-processing the data by iterating through the dataset and setting erronous data to 0ms, but please expand on your application and I may be able to provide a more insightful solution.

Thank you
Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,259 Views)

Hello,

My problem is already solved. Somebody told me to set the timeout value of a DAQmx to 0.2 s instead of 10s. This works!

Thanks for your respond 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,252 Views)