LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set display mapping range for the ConstructROI window

I want to display a 16-bit image with the range I specified for the ROI selection. Is there a way to use the IMAQ WindDisplayMapping.vi with IMAQ ConstructROI.vi to display with the range I want? I tried to set the same window number for the two subVIs but that does not work...see attached picture. Any suggestion or help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,902 Views)

When you say range, do you mean it in terms of pixel depth, or are you trying to display only the selected region of an image based on the ROI?

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,848 Views)
I mean the pixel depth range, so when ConstructROI is called, the image can be displayed with the appropriate dynamic range, for example from 500 to 3000 as shown in the screenshot attached in OP. I know I can accomplish this by creating a temporary image and mapping the wanted range using pixel manipulation arithmetically, but I feel this can be done more straightforwardly using the built in WindDisplayMapping vi... Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,838 Views)

I think there's a confusion about how these functions work. Looking in to the documentation for this function it seems that "Given Range" would select the pixel values between 500 and 3000 to be scaled, not scale all values to between 500 and 3000. We talked about it here as to what the best way to go about this would be, and the only thing we came up with was to create a new image.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,804 Views)