From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set data with minute minute seconds and milliseconds

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello my name is Ricardo, and I'm doing measurements it with an inertial sensor. I'm working with a frequency of 10 Hz so every second I have 10 measurements, when I export data to excel the time just appears in this format: HH: mm: ss but it doesn't appear to me in milliseconds. I can't find the format with milliseconds. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.

forum.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,368 Views)

You are doing it wrong...

An Excel time is NOT text you need to save it as a floating point number, then you can use Format Columns function in Excel to show the time with milliseconds.

LV2OLE_Capture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,364 Views)

but what should I record as a "floating point number" you can draw on this impression that I leave here please:

forum.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,344 Views)

i cant put in the floating point  ....
float.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RicardoRebeloo1

Since you are saving it as text file,  you need to use the a better number to string conversion.  Don't use that particular Date Time function.  Use Format into String with a format of %<%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S%3u>T

If you expand it further and add %.2f, you can put all those values together in one shot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,325 Views)

this:

this.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,317 Views)