LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set V as the source in Keithley 2400

Hello,everyone,
   Recently, I want to control Keithley2400 as a Volltage Source,so I want its output is 0 to 5V.
However ,I don't know how I can deal with it.
With many thanks!

EZCONN TEST ENGINEER
-- --

V
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,866 Views)
Hi Paul,

you should look into the manual of the Keithley2400! Ther you will find all commands and some explanations...

These are the commands I use in my programs (for 'FormatIntoString' when applying parameters):
switch on Autoranging:    SOUR:VOLT:RANG:AUTO 1
set ouput level:                :SOUR:VOLT:LEV %.;%F
set protection level:         :SENS:CURR:PROT %F (again without smiley: : SENS : CURR : PROT %F)

Well, how to switch off this f*cking smiley, when you don't want them (and they did not appear when editing your message...)?

Message Edited by GerdW on 07-14-2006 10:23 AM

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,857 Views)
Thank you for your answer,I'll read the manual carefully and take your suggestion to have a try.I think I can manage this question now.

EZCONN TEST ENGINEER
-- --

V
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,854 Views)
Hi Paul + Gerd,

o.k. ...... I think you for sure have already solved your problem with K2400 SMU. ...............

But why do you want to invent the wheel again ?    I have different versions of drivers from KEITHLEY's website ( e.g.  kisrcmtr.llb ),
where all the typical commands for this instrument are already done ( not very nice - but it works ).

As I started working with this instrument, there was no driver available - I did it like Gerd described in his mail. Meanwhile I have a set
of vi's for K2400 & K2420 ( use both in our Lab). 

Find attached a pict.  from Frontpanel + Diagram of one of my applications:     V / I - characteristic of  electronic Devices  - for this
example  I took the most simple  -  Diodes.

If you need some more advice - let me know.......

Regards
Werner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,832 Views)
I think it is better to know how you can do with KE2400,in my case I must set the voltage in it.However ,if you want to get other items ,you can set in the instument. This is just my suggestion.

EZCONN TEST ENGINEER
-- --

V
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,762 Views)