LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication without visa

Hey
I'm working on a project with a large number of serial protocols, but unfortunately I have only two visa components and one of them do not allows connecting more

I'd love to know if there is a chance to do similar to the SoftwareSerial library of the arduino and create the same solution on the RT or the fpga of my project
And whether use of such a solution could still give me control over the rate Boud Although there will be six ports are open (though not broadcasting all together)

Thanks in advance to all helpers :D

p.s :
i have one myRio which have to visa components, but one is giving me hell.
on the arduino there is a way to transmit seriali without hardware dependencis, using the sowftwareSerial library, I'm looking for a similar thing to work with on the realTime or on the fpga.

like something that let you specify the boud rat and whether to read or recive information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,678 Views)

@almogb wrote:

Hey
I'm working on a project with a large number of serial protocols, but unfortunately I have only two visa components and one of them do not allows connecting more

Please get more into deteails.

I have run aplications with more than 12 RS232 & RS485 unit, most running different protocolls . ( all kind of gages for lab testing, all running in parallel )

USB to 4/8 RS232 adaptors exists ..  even NI sells serial port boards.

I would stay with VISA, it eases the port handling a lot 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,654 Views)