From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication with Parker SSD 650 drive

Hi, 

I was trying to setup a serial communication with a Parker SSD 650 drive using ASCII protocol, but fail as it always return garbage.

Attached with the vi file.

Thank you very much 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,421 Views)
I've never used it but its pretty clear to me that it does not use ASCII. In your first state, you are specifying "(EOT)". That means you need to send the hex value for the EOT control code. Get your hands on an ASCII table. Change the string controls to hex display or use the Byte Array to String function to create the commands in the correct format. Do a search for serial hex communication. There are hundreds of posts on the subject.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,408 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Just wondered why would you said it does not use ASCII? It said it supports El Bisynch ASCII on the documentation (http://www.ssddrives.com/usa/doc/HA466357.pdf)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,397 Views)
I should have been clearer. You are sending, for example, the text characters 'STX' - three separate characters. STX is a specific control code and a single byte (x03) . I already mentioned a couple of different ways of sending the correct control code. LabVIEW will not translate the text STX, EOT, etc into control codes, you have to do that.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,386 Views)