LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial PDA function sub palette missing from Functions Palette in PDA Module 8.0

Hi:

I have a problem that I would like to solve without having to reinstall PDA module.  Under the functions palette, Instrument I/O ... I have the Serial Compatability sub palette there but the VISA and the Serial ones are now questions marks instead of a sub palette.  Has anyone had this problem and if so how is it fixed.   If I copy and paste the VI's from Labview 8.0 (for PC) to the PDA vi I'm writing, they seem to work fine but what a pain that is ... anyone have an suggestions?  Thanks

Greycat
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,558 Views)
Hello Greycat,

The subpalettes for the VISA and Serial subVIs are suppose to be unavailable if your target is a PDA device.  LabVIEW loads a seperate palette set for each target.  Since VISA is currently not supported on the PDA, you cannot directly open the the VISA functions or the Serial functions when you are targeting a PDA device.  Instead, you can use the Serial Compatibility VIs, which then call the appropriate VISA calls.

Hope

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,540 Views)
Hmmmm ... yep ... I see it now ... I thought those were active sub palettes before but I must not have seen them ... Thanks for taking the time to answer this silly question Smiley Tongue

Greycat
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,534 Views)