From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate sampling rate for two different channels for a USB-6009 daq

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am using a USB-6009 and incorporating the 'daq assistant' to change the sample rate.  I am trying to find a way to set the sampling rate to two unique values for two separate channels.  I've tried setting up two daq assistants and adjusting the sample rate different for each channel, though this does not work.  Is there any way to set the sample rate high for all channels then reduce the rate for a different channel - or an alternative?  I would appreciate any input on this, thank you!

- Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,875 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeebra

All tasks on a DAQ board that use a sampling clock must use the same clock.  Therefore, you cannot have two tasks on the same DAQ board sample at different rates.

Alternatives would be:

1. to combine all of the channels into a single task and just accept the extra data

2. get an extra DAQ board to use in parallel

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(2,867 Views)