LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sentinel HASP Winsock DLL Error while running Executable

Hi all, 

after building an executable I find that I obtain this error when trying to run the executable from a shared drive.

The error does not occur and it executes as desired when I run the build in the local C: drive or when another user copies the files to their own local drive. This workaround is not optimal, as I may change the program in the future and would like other users to continue accessing the .exe through the shared drive, thus ensuring they're alway accessing the updated version (or the version I'd like them to use).

Attached is a picture of the error.

Could someone help me understand what this error is about? What is Winsock DLL and HASP API? If it helps, the VI first closes all Excel applications (using System Exec.vi), then calls a pre-formatted Excel sheet from a shared H: drive using ActiveX, opens a text data from a different location, and copies this data into the Excel and draws a graph on it, and then closes and saves the Excel data in a location specified by user.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,981 Views)

Winsock is related to LAN TCP/IP communications in Windows. Sentinel HASP (AFAIK) is a licensing hardware device (probably a dongle somewhere on your LAN or so).

Since the executable is maintained by you, you should be aware that a licensing protection is in use by your program (maybe some software component inside?)

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,674 Views)