LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Mapping - LV 2010

There is a new feature in the helper "Sensor Mapping" for LV 2010.

22705i0D8EA579BB1DCF6A

Three columns: X, Y, and X. I can't find any documentation as to what they do. Any Ides?

I ask because I am attempting to generalize the Sensor Mapping helper such that I can pass the helper x, y, z, and intensity data for an arbitrary number of sensors onto a sphere. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,274 Views)

Your image does not show up.  Just a large red X.

Please attach your image as a .png image file to your message.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,254 Views)

Not sure how that happened. PNG it is.

Also I intended to say "X, Y, and Z" in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,249 Views)

Is this the X Y and Z that you are talking about:

22831i9E1C1ECE3943D325

This is related to the size of the model.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,211 Views)

Thanks for responding. However, that is not the X,Y, and Z I am talking about.

The ones I am interested in seem to be connected to the sensor inputs. Just like the pink "C," I can get the X,Y, and Z column to highlight. I can also get the model to move on one axis using the sensor input, but not along the other two.

22897iE2D534E851545D42

Sousuke

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,188 Views)

Hi Sousuke,

I'm not sure about that actually.  Let me looking into it and get back to you.  It looks like the documentation didn't get updated with the express VI. 

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,157 Views)

I think it is the actual position of the sensor. Previously, it never told you the absolute position, so you could only 'eyeball it'.

Good to see it is in there. I was thinking that such a feature would be useful under 2009 in a project.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,150 Views)

Possibly, however the only information these boxes display are indication of an IO state.

23158iA4549CC54F62EBE8

Although if you hover your mouse over a sensor it will give you the position in X,Y,Z.

Sousuke

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,146 Views)