LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending receiving data over TCP/IP

I would like to set up a one server and multiple clients connection for data trasfer over TCP. I looked at some of the examples that came with my labview package but they are not eaxctly what I am looking for.

I would like to:

1) Stream data from server on to a specific port even though there is no client present on the network.
2) Multiple clients shall receive the data when ever they connect on to the network.
3) The clients should be able to go on and off of the network and by doing so it should not effect the network connection.

I would really appreciate if any one can povide an example for server as well as for client VI's.

Thank you,

Mudda.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,565 Views)

If you aren't needing to support non-LV applications, the easiest way to do this is using VI Server calls. Create a LV2-style global that the server writes data to as it gets it. You client applications then link to and remotely run the LV2-style global in read mode.

Instant data communications meeting all the requirements you specified.

If you need more details let me know...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,549 Views)
You cannot use a stateful, connection based protocol such as TCP for one-sided multi- or broadcast type connections.

You can use UDP, you could even set the destination to the local subnet broadcast address and all local stations (same subnet) will receive it. Newer version also support multicasting which gives you a bit more control. Check the LabVIEW help for details.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,530 Views)