LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending hex file on USART using labview

Hello everyone,

"A BUTTON IN LAB VIEW THAT SHOULD WORK ON BACK END TO BURN MY CODE IN u-CONTROLLER THROUGH IAR-EMBEDDED WORK BENCH"

I am using ARM cortex M3 micro controller and IAR embedded workbench for programming this controller,and i have successfully read and write data using VISA in lab view. At this time i have to  press RUN button in IAR embedded workbench to burn hex file into micro controller. Now I want to make a simple button in LAB VIEW GUI that,  when i press it should burn this code into my micro controller automatically.   

Is it possible? if yes, please guide me i will be very grateful to you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,066 Views)

Hi Aitzaz,

is there a way to call your "IAR embedded workbench" executable with some command line parameters?

Then just use SysExec call in LabVIEW (in an event case handling your button value change)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,057 Views)

@GerdW,

If I look up "IAR Embedded Workbench", it takes me to a pretty high-level site that appears to house a Cloud-based Development Platform featuring "Security Solutions" (lots of references to Security, encryption, secrets, ...).  I suspect there might not be command-line parameters for this Workbench.

@Aitzaz,

I didn't find much helpful on IAR's Web Site.  Since you are using their Product, you can look at their documentation and see if they provide an API or other means to programmatically control their platform.  You should also consider contacting them directly and ask if/how you can accomplish your aims.  The problem here doesn't appear to be LabVIEW, but the interface provided by IAR for their software.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,025 Views)

Thank you so much for your reply i will try and then let you know if i face any difficulty. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,015 Views)