From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a email

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to let the labview program to send me a e-mail, sms and ore a Whats app message to alert the opperator on its cell phone.

I tried the gmail.vi example code but it is giving me a error.

LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send.vi:2280003<APPEND>

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
     LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send.vi:2280003
     Send email trough SMTP shown in video.vi

I tried the express SMTP sending email but also this gives a error 

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit.

Complete call chain:
    LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send.vi:2280001
    LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Configure SendEmail_express.vi
    LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Configure SendEmail_express.vi.ProxyCaller

Can someone help me with these problems ?

I have configured a new gmail account to send these e-mails from and set it up with low security for external software applictions

Thanks already in advance,

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,072 Views)

G-mail has locked down some security on e-mailing.

Make sure you go into your account settings and tell it to allow less secure apps.  It's buried in the account settings somewhere.

I find that it helps to log into G-mail from that PC through the browser before sending the e-mail.  G-mail puts some blocks in that won't allow you to send e-mails or login from a new device until you've gone through some 2 factor authentication.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,068 Views)

About six months ago, I finished some monitoring code that sent e-mail and text messages from LabVIEW, including to gmail accounts.  I don't recall that I had to do anything "funny",[ though there may have been a Firewall setting I needed to tweak.

Please post the VI that you wrote that shows the calls to the NI SMTP VIs you call to send the e-mail.  Also please describe your configuration (OS, Bittedness, LabVIEW Version, anything else you think might be relevant).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,015 Views)

Hello, 

already thank you for your response.

The Vi is prety simple it is a 

** Open SMTP Handle

**  Set Recipients

**  Set Message

**  Send

**  Close Handle

I work on a PC with Labview 2014 and a Windows 10 opperating system.

I have installed a kasparsky anti virus software.

Also i tried to use the express vi to send a test e-mail. 

This gives a different error but it gives a error

Thanks,

Danny

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,980 Views)

It might be the port number.  The setting for TLS/SSL is good.  But when I use gmail, I need to set the port to 587.

I've never used or seen the express VI version before. If you have an issue still after changing the port number, I'll try out your VI and see if I can get it to work for me.

Oh.  And one other thing.  Where is your PC while you are trying to send this e-mail?

My e-mail sending programs work fine on PC's when they are out on the regular internet, but when I have them plugged into our company network, the company firewall blocks the port for sending e-mails.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,971 Views)

Hello,

I just tried by changing the port number to 587 but it generate a error

Code: 363513

LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send.vi:2280001<APPEND>

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
  LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send.vi:2280001
  Send email trough SMTP shown in video.vi

My pc is running at my home network connection. Just a Proximus network box and some switches between.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,963 Views)

Hello,

You can try the e-mail that is set in default of the vi. 

It is no privacy discussion it is a new adress that was not in use.

When i will use it i will change the pasword

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,958 Views)

Pasword is changed to     AZERTY1123

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,955 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danny_Hendrikx

I was able to get both of your VI's to work, the Express and the regular SMTP VI version when I replaced them with my G-mail credentials.

I did get that error message with the regular version once when I forgot to change your password to my password.  Once I fixed that it worked.

(You may want to make sure you change the password on your account since it is visible in your e-mail.

I changed the port to 587 and made sure TLS is checked.

For username, I made sure by fullusername@gmail.com was in there.

Yours was a short name and had a space in there.  That may or may not be a problem.

I made sure the port was set to 587 and the Use TLS was checked.

And like I said before, make sure your account is enabled for less secure applications and that you have done any extra authentication to allow your PC to connect to your g-mail.

Message 9 of 10
(4,953 Views)

Hello,

Indeed this was the issue. The Port number and the user name that has to be the full adress instead of the user name of the account.

Now it works fine. 

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Danny Hendrikx

Problem Solved !!!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,889 Views)