LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send each data of an array continuosly and save the result

Hello,

I made programs to regulate value of a voltage source. The loop is keep going until the value of 'Thermopile Voltage DC' is in the range of 'Thermopile Voltage RF' and save the measurement result. This program has been working for single value of 'Thermopile Voltage RF'. However, the program did not work if there are a lot of data of 'Thermopile Voltage RF' (array). I want to send each value of the array continuously and save measurement result of every single measurement.
My question is how to send each value of the array and after the condition conditions is met, how save the measurement result then continue to next value of 'Thermopile Voltage RF' in the array until all value of the array is tested.

I attach the both programs.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kurn 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(747 Views)

I recommend to go back to the simple LabVIEW learning resources listed at the top of the forum.

• Except to deal with the 3s wait at the beginning, the sequence structure is pointless. dataflow alone already determines the correct execution order.
  • Why don't you use U8 array diagram constants (or even strings set to hex display) instead of building arrays of DBL constants. Seems dangerous!
  • Your "array" solution makes absolutely no sense. If you have an array, you have an array of conditions, so you need to decide what wins (e.g. if all meet condition, if at least one meets condition, etc.).
  • What does the array represent? (non-descending list of conditions? multiple instruments? etc.)
  • This entire thing just screams to be turned into a proper state machine instead of a sequence worm.
  • Please explain exactly what the array solution should do. Not clear at all!
  • Also explain your terms used ("send", "Continuously", etc.) 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(739 Views)

For example, I have 10 data of the Thermopile voltage RF. So the first data of thermopile voltage RF in the array is compared with every result of thermopile voltage DC. Every result of Thermopile voltage of DC will be checked if it is in the range of Thermopile voltage RF. If the condition is fullfilled then save measurement result, and continue to the second data and so on until 10 data.

So the program run continuosly.

@altenbach wrote:

I recommend to go back to the simple LabVIEW learning resources listed at the top of the forum.

• Except to deal with the 3s wait at the beginning, the sequence structure is pointless. dataflow alone already determines the correct execution order.
  • Why don't you use U8 array diagram constants (or even strings set to hex display) instead of building arrays of DBL constants. Seems dangerous!
  • Your "array" solution makes absolutely no sense. If you have an array, you have an array of conditions, so you need to decide what wins (e.g. if all meet condition, if at least one meets condition, etc.).
  • What does the array represent? (non-descending list of conditions? multiple instruments? etc.)
  • This entire thing just screams to be turned into a proper state machine instead of a sequence worm.

@altenbach wrote:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(727 Views)

@kurnwin9 wrote:

For example, I have 10 data of the Thermopile voltage RF. So the first data of thermopile voltage RF in the array is compared with every result of thermopile voltage DC. Every result of Thermopile voltage of DC will be checked if it is in the range of Thermopile voltage RF. If the condition is fullfilled then save measurement result, and continue to the second data and so on until 10 data.

So the program run continuosly.

Sorry, that does not clear it up at all. Maybe you should wrap it all in a FOR loop, indexing over the 1D array?

What do you mean by "continuously"? (While loop never stops? using the "continuous run" button? something else?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(723 Views)

The while loop is working. It is stop while Thermopile voltage RF in the range of thermopile voltage DC. You can see wiring. It has proved in the single data.

My question is how to send every single data of thermopile voltage RF if there a lot of data. Maybe there is others way rather than using array.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(719 Views)

So your Thermopile voltage is now an array, so you have Thermopile voltages. Where do these values come from? Do you want to make a separate experiment for each?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(700 Views)

The value of Thermopile Voltage RF is from other measurement. So I just put them in the array.

This program make arrangement until Thermopile Voltage DC is in the range of Thermopile Voltage RF (by regulating the voltage source). While the condition is met, the while loop is stopped and save the result. Now, it is only working for single data of Thermopile Voltage RF. How to make it works for a lot data of Thermopile Voltage RF?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(692 Views)