LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-Imaging cRIO Controller (linux) using an image saved in its own hard-drive

Hello Everyone,

I am working on automating image deployment on cRIO controllers.

Has anyone written a LabVIEW program or heard of a way to,

1. Self-Image a cRIO controller (that runs on Linux OS, example 903x) using a LabVIEW program that runs in the same controller.

2. The image is stored in its local drive.

Imagine, I have a startup program that looks for a specific named ".lvmapping" file at a specific location upon power up. If that file presents, then it needs to self image itself.

So far I know,

a. I can image a Linux controller using a LabVIEW program running on a PC to which the controller is connected to (uses "Set System Image.vi").

b. The image file is stored in the PC (not at the controller).

Please help. Thank you.
Raj.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,044 Views)

In general, yes it is possible.  You can use the NI System Configuration API locally on the RT target to re-image itself by passing the API a local image path.

I'm not sure what is the best way to check for a local drive from LV, but once mounted you should be able to use the API to image the target.

In addition, I would recommend using the NI System Configuration API system session property node to get the current systems image title and version and compare that the file name of the image on the disk to prevent from getting stuck in an endless reimaging sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,010 Views)