From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of Sensors

Hello, 

I am very new to DAQ. I have read a few introductions and overviews but am still confused on the selection for sensors. Basically my sensors are for temperature, door, smoke dectors, motor, neutron detectos, flooding. Any help on figuring out the sensor selection leading to module selection for a CompactDAQ would be helpful. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,637 Views)

Hi Edmond,

Do you already have sensors, and you want to select NI data acquisition tools? Or do you also need to select the sensors?

Although the available acquisition tools can inform your sensor selection, I'd imagine that usually it's better to focus on finding the best sensors for your application, and then confirm that you can acquire suitable DAQ devices based on that choice (not the other way around).

Sometimes it might be that you choose a 2nd-choice sensor because it is much easier/cheaper to acquire the data, but you'd still need to check for the 1st-choice sensor first...

If you have a list of sensors (or types) an NI sales representative might be a good person to ask for suggestions.

Your question at present is very general.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,600 Views)