LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting data with cursors on an X-Y Graph

I would like to make an interactive XY plot with two cursors. These cursors will allow the user to select a range of data, and send the selected data to an array. Sending the data to an array and referencing the positions to the array is no problem, but I cannot get the two cursors to work simultaneously.  I am monitoring the positions on the front panel, and both indicators display the same data. How do I set the property nodes to treat each cursor as separate, and collect separate data from each? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,517 Views)

Before you can get the cursor index or cursor position, you have to first set the active cursor.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 03-24-200609:57 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,521 Views)
Thank you, I indeed was making this much more difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,506 Views)
I think you need to specify the active cursor on the property node that
you are trying to obtain the position information from.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,495 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to achieve the same goal as bassbuckeye (allowing the user to select a range of data, and sending the selected data to an array), however I cannot get the active cursor method to work (I'm getting "Error 1077 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in Untitled 2 - Invalid property value.")

In the past I remember coming across an example that ships with Labview that was demonstarting a completely different point. However, I remember it enabled the user to position two vertical yellow lines on a graph of some sort, and would run analysis on the subset of data between the line. Trouble is I can't find it again to copy their method...

Any ideas either how to solve the error mentioned, or which example I might be talking about?

Many thanks,

Ian Haigh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,323 Views)
Scrap that - I just solved my own problem!

Not sure why it wasnt working before but with a bit of faffing I got the active cursor method to work.

Btw, the example I was thinking of was called 'Cursor' (!!) and can be found at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\express\Cursor.vi

Ian
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,305 Views)