LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select points by click on plot

Hi,

I have 3 plots on waveform graph. I have to select some of the data points on each plot. I want to do the selection of points by clicking on plots using mouse. Also there should be some mark on the plot to signify the selected point. Later i want to store the selected data points to file. How do i do this?. Any inputs or an example would be welcomed.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,251 Views)
There are a lot of different possibilities. The simplest solution however should be to use a cursor, and to move it around (with the lock to plot option on), while pressing a key to tell LV that the point has to be collected. Attached is a Q&D example. Press the shift key while clicking on the graph, and the cursor coordinates will be read.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,237 Views)
Thanks for an example.

However my problem is different. I have to select a point on the plot (mark a point, similar to data point) by clicking with mouse. This point can be in between point (i.e, other than the original data points used to plot the graph). How do i accomplish this. Is it possible ?. If i could somehow move the cursor to the point (on plot) where i clicked on graph then it would solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,221 Views)

@J.A.C wrote:
...If i could somehow move the cursor to the point (on plot) where i clicked on graph then it would solve the problem.

Just change the cursor option to "free" (click on the lock in the cursor legend), and that will do : You can move the point to any position, and retrieve the coordinates.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,205 Views)
Can it be other way round ?. I mean click on graph and the cursor moves to that point automatically ....or may be to the nearest data point on graph ?!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,183 Views)