From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select multiple IO type in DACmx channel filter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

So I am using a NI cDAQ-9174 which has AO, AI, DO and DI cards.

I am creating a VI where the user should be able to select the channel(s) to output signals. Signal can be AO or DO 

Problem that I am having is that in the Filter Names, I cannot see how to select I/O type as AO and DO.

Basically is the dropdown for 'Output', I want to see all my AO and DO listed. 

Is there a way to achive this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,149 Views)

Hey sherzaad, 

You should be able to right click the control or constant your using to select the AO or DO and choose the I/O Name Filtering option 

See Cannot Find Port or Line of My Digital I/O Device in LabVIEW DAQmx Physical Channel Control

Let us know if that helps, 
Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,097 Views)

Hi,

Thank for your reply Rebecca.

That is exactly that the problem is.

I  can select select the AO or DO but not BOTH.

What  I would like to be listed in the dropdown are the AO and the DO. is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,087 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sherzaad

Hey Sherzaad, 

All channels in a task must be of the same I/O type, such as analog input or counter output so you wouldn't be able to have a drop down with DO and AO in the DAQmx Global Channel control. 

What you could do is make a DAQmx Task in NI MAX for each of your IO (one for AO and one for DO) then use a DAQmx Task Name Control to select the task you want to use... this has a display all filter. 

Let me know if that helps, 
Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,079 Views)