Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation Fault on startup - RH Fedora 2

I agree. Thanks for the input.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,211 Views)
Let's check to make sure that the 'tune2fs' command worked.

On your system, if you type
'ls -afl'
do "." (dot) and ".." (dot-dot) always appear as the first two entries of the list? Repeat this for every directory starting with root "/" through and including the LabVIEW vi.lib and user.lib directories. If installed to the default location, this would be:

/
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/local/lv71
/usr/local/lv71/vi.lib
/usr/local/lv71/user.lib

If . and .. are not always the first items returned, then the tune2fs didn't work, for whatever reason. If the tune2fs works, then the . and .. should appear first in the directory listing without sorting (ls -afl).

If . and .. are always the first items returned, and yo
u still gets the seg fault, then this may be a different problem we have not run into before.

Thanks again,
Kileen C.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(1,328 Views)
They all contain . and .. entries.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,326 Views)
I just noticed you say the first entries. They are there but not always first.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,327 Views)
Ok, it sounds like the tune2fs command did not work then. LabVIEW does rely on the fact that the "." and ".." directories are first in the list. I would double-check the KB again (KB 3ANAI1DW) and then run the 'ls -afl'l command again to see if the tune2fs command worked.

Thanks!

Kileen C.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,211 Views)
I had the same with kernel 2.6.8 on dell latitude and labview 6.1.
I go back to kernel 2.6.6-1.453, labview is running with
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,211 Views)
Hello hexhead,

We need to determine if this is the same issue than needs to be readdressed for newer versions of the kernel, or if this relates to an entirely new issue. What kernel are you using?

When you type the command �ls -afl" do "." (dot) and ".." (dot-dot) always appear as the first two entries of the list? Repeat this for every directory starting with root "/" through and including the LabVIEW vi.lib and user.lib directories. If installed to the default location, this would be:

/
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/local/lv71
/usr/local/lv71/vi.lib
/usr/local/lv71/user.lib

If �.� and �..� are not always the first items returned, then the tune2fs didn't work, for whatever reason. If the tune2fs works, then the �.� and �..� should appear first in the
directory listing without sorting (ls -afl).

If �.� and �..� are always the first items returned, and you still gets the seg fault, then you may be experiencing some completely unrelated problem, which could be dual-processor specific. Are you running on a dual-processor system?

If none of these suggestions help, or if I�m not correctly understanding your issue, please reply with comments or answers to the discussion above and any additional information that may help, and I�ll be happy to look further into it.

Have a nice day!

Robert Mortensen
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,211 Views)
Sorry, just realized that Kileen asked pretty much the same question. Are you able to get the "." and ".." listed first in all directory listings?

Robert Mortensen
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,186 Views)
I see "." and ".." now, but they are mixed in the list. I am using kernel:

Linux ansel.dhcp.hitchcock.org 2.6.8-1.521smp #1 SMP Mon Aug 16 09:25:06 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

There is a message that the 2.6.8 kernel has some problems. I'll try a previous kernel when I get a chance to reboot.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,178 Views)
Hexhead,
If you aren�t seeing �.� and �..� first, then the fix did not work. Were you logged in as root when you applied the fix, did you apply it to all the applicable volumes? Until an "ls -af" returns �.� and �..� as the first two entries, this crash will occur.
You might try searching google for more info on getting "." and ".." to appear as the first items in the list to see if there are any other ideas or better instructions on using tune2fs.

Have a great day!

Robert Mortensen
Applications Engineer
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,178 Views)