LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security: lock user account

Hi,

I'm using the security features of LabVIEW 2009 SP1.

Is it possible to programatically lock a users account somehow? I want to lock users who entered the wrong password to many times (unfortunately this is not covered by labview security).

Thanks,

Thomas 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,701 Views)

Hi Thomas,

I am sorry, but the current domain management implementation does not include a failed password entry count or notification.

As I can only imagine that the reason for you asking is to prevent denials-of-service, a workaround idea might be to put the server system behind a configurable firewall that features "internal" DoS-prevention...

Best regards,
Sebastian

Message Edited by SFK on 05-21-2010 01:27 PM
Message 2 of 4
(2,647 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your answer.

Yes I know password entry count is not available, and that's why I will count them myself. So I accepted that fact somehow.

But still, I need to find a way to programatically lock user accounts. The current domain manager allows to lock an account by manually adjusting its properties. Is there a way to do this on programatically while application runtime

Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,637 Views)
Hi Thomas,

I have screened all available "NI Security" properties and methods, even with LabVIEW scripting and private functions display enabled - there seems to be no way to _set_ the user rights, only to _get_ these. Unfortunately, the corresponding VI is locked, so I cannot even tell you the mechanism used for reading the rights.

My guess would be a DLL call, which you might be able to trace with third-party-tools. but as there is no official header file available, parametrizing the fictive set-user-rights-function will be the next challenge...

Best regards.
Sebastian
Message 4 of 4
(2,623 Views)