From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security for the file created

Hai

I'm creating a configuraton file via labview in a text file,my customer needs an security for the configuration file ..i have stucked,please help me out ..is it possible to create config file in anyother type of file??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,955 Views)

You can encrypt the content while writing to configue file and decrypt it whlie reading it back. Refer following.. Also if you want you can hide file.

encrypt.JPG

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
Message 2 of 8
(2,926 Views)

As I recall the book, A Software Engineering Approach To LabVIEW, had a method of generating an encrypted INI file.  Basically, the idea was to create a wrapper around the NI INI vi's that would handle the data encryption and reads/writes of the file to disk. You might want to get a copy of that and check it out.

Alternatively, you could use the Windows registry to store protected data.

Jason

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,902 Views)

A more secure method would be to use the Blowfish algorrithm to encrypt the data.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,897 Views)

Thank your reply,let me try with the algorithm...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,882 Views)

Thank you sir..i'm trying with this..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,881 Views)

hello sir 

i tried this ..instead of creating an txt file i created an pdf file ..when i tried to open the file it says it is not valid pdf file but this config file is read during the execution and im getting the exact output..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,853 Views)

@Sumithra Nagappan wrote:

hello sir 

i tried this ..instead of creating an txt file i created an pdf file ..when i tried to open the file it says it is not valid pdf file but this config file is read during the execution and im getting the exact output..

Of course you can't open it with a PDF reader. Simply putting a .pdf extension on a file does not mean it is a PDF formatted file. The Blowfish algorithm is used to encrypt and decrypt data. It is not used to create PDF files.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,843 Views)