From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Project Provider for lvclass to make custom menus

I am trying to make a custom menu item when a user right-clicks on a lvclass in the labview project.  The goal is to make it so that a developer could select a custom member template.  I'm pretty sure it can be done by creating a Secondary Project Provider.  I putz'd around with the documentation/examples and they did the job, but I was hoping someone might have an example of what I am trying to do so that I don't waste a ton of time on deadends.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(809 Views)

I made a secondary provider a while ago to allow me to right-click on the class private data item (myclass.ctl) and change the colour of the box that you see in the controls.

It doesn't add a new VI, but it might be useful to take a look at - if not, then feel free to ignore!

I'm shortly going to be trying to implement a project provider to clone a template class object (in the style of New > Actor) so if I finish that anytime soon I'll also post it here.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(750 Views)

Thanks I'll give it a try.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(732 Views)