cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for an old article - rookie misstakes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I'm currently looking for the article "Top 5 LabVIEW Rookie Mistakes". Whenever I find a post which refers to this article, I always end up in the newsroom. So my question is, is there any archive which holds old new posts (I believe this article was written in 2013). 

I found this article, which mentions and refers to the original article but as I said, it will only take me to the newsroom.

The first part of the article can be found here.

If anyone can point me in a direction where I can find the article I would be very grateful. Perhaps someone even has it saved as a pdf somewhere?

/Niklas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,594 Views)

Well, pointers seem to go to the NI Development Zone, which appears to no longer exist.  I managed to find a link to the first Rookie Mistake, which said "Click here to go to the NI Newsroom, a circular reference as "you can't get there from here".

The first figure, of a very messy Block Diagram, reminded me of Peter Blume's "The LabVIEW Style Book", which taught me how to begin to use LabVIEW "with Style" (which produces much better code).  I learned most of the "How to do it in LabVIEW" from Travis and Kring's "LabVIEW for Everyone", but Peter taught me "How to Write Good LabVIEW Routines" by emphasizing Style, Clarity, Ease of Understanding, and Documentation.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,540 Views)

There between 1K and 2K examples of Rookie Mistakes in the Rube Goldberg thread found here.

Spoiler
I have told my rookies that if there code ever ends up in that thread that I will deny any knowledge of them.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,524 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nillepersson

I was able to retrieve it from the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20190307073840/http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51735/en/

Message 5 of 6
(2,519 Views)

Thank you everyone for the answers. 

I have heard about these "go-back-in-time" websites but never thought I would find anything I needed to retrieve from the past. Well, you learn new things everyday. 

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,478 Views)