From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search strings with misspellings

@Gregory wrote:

How do you define closest match? Least amount of matching characters? Closest on a QWERTY keyboard? At what point do you say the word is not in your list of words, rather than just spelled wrong?

Why is the user typing in a word that may or may not be in your list? You could put all the strings into a combo box and let the user select the exact string available. 

+1 for this. I have some software where the user needs to look up serial numbers (which are easy to mis-type) so I created my own auto-complete (similar to quick drop) based on a pre-filled list of selections. When you start typing, a borderless VI containing a listbox appears under the string control and as you type it filters the list - you can then click on an item to auto-complete it.

If I wanted to do actual spell-checking / relevance calculations - I'd look for an existing library/algorithm!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(223 Views)