LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search by keywords in the ring

I have a list of many user to store information. I put them into the array string and use the Ring to be able to choose which user i want. But I had a hard time with too many users, which made it very difficult to access. Is there a way to search by the elements in the string and give the fastest results?

Thank.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,648 Views)

There is no built-in search capability of a ring control.

You could add the function to the owning VI, or design an XControl that has that capability.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,635 Views)

So sad. My current level cannot add functionality to VI ownership or XControl design. Currently I am using the vertical bar to search for users. My user list is getting bigger and bigger, I can't use this method forever. Can you guide me to do the above 2 ways?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,623 Views)

Check out Darren's nugget on building the quick drop functionality.  Maybe something here will help you.  tst also posted a link to his code that does autocomplete.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 4 of 8
(2,621 Views)

thank you, i used combo box in string function.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,530 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,525 Views)

This CLA Summit presentation (around 5 minutes) might help you - it's not exactly what you want (I don't think) but it's pretty darn close from what I understand:

The Little Things in LabVIEW 2020 by Darren Nattinger

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,522 Views)

Thank you for comment. Darren's way is great but I need to use it when running vi, so I used the combo box, it fits my program very well and I found it to be similar to ring and enum but it is searchable

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,515 Views)