LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search a spreadsheet for a character string (date) and read to another date

I want o read a spread sheet file from a selected point withiin the file ( date ) to another selected point ( a later date )
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,387 Views)
The easiest way to do this is read in the entire datafile and convert it into a 2D array. Now extract from tha array the column containing the timestamps and threshold it to determine the index (rows) containing the data you want. Finally, using these indices extract the portion of the entire dataset you want.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,387 Views)
Thank you for your response.
I will give it a try.
I meant the date to be a numeric variable, instead of a character, which should not effect your solution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,387 Views)
Dumbo,
As you said, Mike's solution is the way to go here. Shoud you need more help, please post your spreadsheet and I am sure one of us here at DE can assist you further. The more specific a question is, the easier it is to answer it. As you will discover, very often answers are given as example VI's. Good luck!

/Mikael Garcia
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,387 Views)
Actually, I was working under the assumption that the timestamp value would be floatingpoint value because that's the most natural way to collect them. If you need help on putting the code together, give a hollar...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,387 Views)