LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting: set size of array index display

I cannot find a way to set width of array index display. Is there any property which can be used. I need to go throug multiple VI-s and set same width of index display for all arrays.

Thank you

(2,915 Views)

I don't know if it's possible, but you could make it a typedef and update it that way.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,907 Views)

I don't believe there is any way to change the width of the array index via scripting. There is a private property for getting the size, but it is read-only.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,903 Views)

Yamaeda  I don't know if it's possible, but you could make it a typedef and update it that way.

I understand your idea: use script to replace array controls in different VI-s with strict typedef, change size if index display in the typedef, then (if needed) disconnect from typedef. Unfortunately, it would not work because my array controls have different datatypes.

Darren, how this property can be reached? I am not so good in private propertiesSmiley Indifferent

(2,848 Views)

As Darren stated, this property is READ ONLY. So it does not help in your request.

Concerning "seeing" private properties: This requires a specific LabVIEW.ini key entry. As the name of that property type (private) indicates, i am not sure if NI discloses this ini-key on a public scale....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,839 Views)

In case anybody needs it, here is a VI (saved in LabVIEW 8.6) that contains the private 'Index Rect' property of the Array class.  Again, it's read-only, so it doesn't help with the OP's request, but maybe somebody else who stumbles across this thread will find it useful at some point.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,822 Views)