LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling of shared variable using NI 9237 and Loadcell

Hello,

I have installed a new loadcell to measure load on a machine controlled by a cRIO-9022. The loadcells are connected to an NI-9237 module located in an NI-9144 EtherCAT chassis which in turn is connected to the cRIO. 

I have the calibration certificate of the loadcells (attached) and I have the option to Enable Scaling for the shared variable that reads in the load data (screenshot attached). However, I am not sure what values to input in the Raw Zero and Full Scale and in the Engineering Zero and Full Scale and whether the Scale Type should be Linear or Square Root. 

Can anybody advise me on the correct parameters? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,254 Views)

Hi,

This document will help you determine which parameters you need as it explains all the inputs on the scaling tab.

Scaling Page (Shared Variable Properties Dialog Box) - LabVIEW 2017 Help - National Instruments

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvdialog/sm_scale_page/

Best Regards

Elmunzir Elnaiem

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,221 Views)

Hi Elmunzir,

Thanks for your reply. I did read that help page but I did not find it very useful. My guess is that the raw scale for a loadcell is milliVolts and the engineering scale is Newtons. But I don't know what values to input in those tabs given the data I have on my loadcell calibration. 

Best,

Iacopo. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,212 Views)