LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling Voltage to different sound frequency and decibels

Hello:

I am trying to figure out how to convert (voltage samples) to play different frequency of sounds (e.g., at 1 voltage have the play waveform.vi have a different pitch than another voltage let say 2 V). Additionally, I also want to configure the "Sound Output Set Volume" to change the volume of the output based on the voltage also. Any insights to these problems would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,754 Views)

Not quite sure what you mean.  Sounds like you want one voltage to control both the frequency and the volume at the same time.  Do you mean two voltages?

If that's the case, you need to define a function that will relate the input voltage to the output frequency, something like f = 4000*V  (for a five volt scale), and something similar to volume.  Do you have that or am I misunderstanding your question?

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,745 Views)
Sorry about the confusion of the message. I would like to know how to make a vi that is essentially a voltage controlled oscillator that add a sine wave to my incoming DAQ signal and cause frequency modulation. Then I would like to know how to make a separate Vi that would use my incoming DAQ signal voltage and make a conversion to dB so that i can control loudness in a separate application. Thanks again for the insights
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,736 Views)

Hi schola,

You can add two signals together by using a simple add block.  In order to make the conversion of your volume signal to decibels, you will have to know what the volume values from 0-100 correspond to in pascals for your system.  Thanks!

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,715 Views)