LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SbRIO is hanged!

Hello,

Issue: SbRIO 9633 shows constant values i.e, it is stuck, the output states are locked into their latest value.

I've used both FPGA and RT targets. I access the pins on the FPGA target and use them on the RT target.  I log values on the sbRIO's memory as well as on a host computer (through shared variables). Both log files suddenly started showing constant values. I dont think there is a memory leak too as the issue continues even after restarting the sbrio. Has the sbRIO gone for a toss? If so, why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,772 Views)

What have you tried to debug the issue? You haven't posted any code or provided enough information to figure out what might be happening but it sounds like you could have an error in your code. Simple things like flashing the FPGA/RT LEDs on the sbRIO can help to determine if the FPGA/RT code is running correctly on the target.

One of the most common problems that people have with RT is starving the CPU with a fast/free running loop which can cause the sbRIO to appear unresponsive.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,764 Views)

Attached is the compressed folder containing the code.

Its a huge code. But, the algorithm is simple. The VIs are just scaled to incorporate more sensors. I've tried my best to make the code as robust as possible. Just cannot find out what could be the issue. I do not have access to the system right now (Thanks for the suggestion. I will use the RT/FPGA LEDs and find out if the code is running correctly as soon as I get access to the system).

Can anyone please go through the code and let me know if the issue is with the code?

[code removed by moderator - confidential information 08/31/2015]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,753 Views)